A Potty Train -
Train… as in CHOO CHOO!!! Jump on the Potty Express! Yes, with this activity you will make a train of items that your toddler will take to the potty, for that special potty training event. You’ll need some ribbon, 3 small boxes, construction paper, and some tape. Take construction paper and cover the sides of the boxes. Then cut out some small circles for the wheels and tape/glue them to each box. To connect the boxes together just take a small strip of construction paper and tape it to the inside front of the last box , then tape the other side to the inside back of the box in front. Do the same for the next box. Then for the front box, tape a single long ribbon to the front inside. See photo. Next have your toddler pick a favorite small “potty” book, toy, and stickers. Put each item in a box and keep the train nearby for that run to the bathroom. Have your toddler pull the train to the bathroom so that the items are nearby for the event.
- 3 small boxes (sizes will depend on the size of the toy and book you use)
- small book
- small toy
- colored construction paper
- Your toddler might just enjoy pulling the potty train around, whether it’s potty time or not. Just go with it!
- Toddler shoe boxes or sandwich bag boxes are a perfect size for this activity.
- While you are covering the boxes with paper, review the colors you are using.
- When you make the wheels, review the shape of a circle.
- You might even let your toddler color the boxes with crayons or markers after you have covered them with paper.