It’s time to find the BIG Pumpkin! For this activity, you’ll want to have a real pumpkin if you can. Put the pumpkin somewhere either inside or outside the house. Print the sheet of pumpkins and either color them, print them on orange paper, or let your toddler color them with some orange crayons/markers. Then cut them out and while your toddler is either occupied or sleeping, place the pumpkins from small to large in a trail that leads to the real pumpkin. You can either put them on the floor or use some tape to put them on walls, chairs, etc. Then when your toddler wakes, tell her that it’s time to find the BIG Pumpkin! Help her to find the first small one and then let her look for the next one. As she finds each paper pumpkin, talk about how the size is getting bigger and bigger. Then when she finds the real pumpkin celebrate!
- Printer to print pumpkins
- real pumpkin ( or a big plastic pumpkin)
- orange paper, orange crayons/markers
- Have some pumpkin pie/cookies cooking in the oven so that when are looking for the pumpkin you pretend that you smell it! When you find the pumpkin you can celebrate with a piece of pie!
- With the nice fall weather, you can put the paper pumpkins on some trees outside to find the real pumpkin!